However, in recent years there has been a very high pursuit of some sectors such as museology, Libraries and even the Religion to this type of technology platforms.
he Internet has, indeed, revolutionized the way we look at these entities to communicate with their customers and / or followers and in the case of the Museums, Libraries and Religion is interesting to know how to reinvent new ways of communication for multimedia kiosks.
"Nobody would say, some years ago. that it would be possible to read the Bible inside a church using a multimedia kiosk"
The kiosks integrated in churches, museums and libraries may be equipped with sound system that enable use for blind persons.
In Museums multimedia kiosks, interactive films are new communication platforms that any museum director forgot.
In recent years the renewal of the Museums and Libraries in Portugal has followed along with the technological revolution adopting this type of interactive technology platforms. The multimedia kiosks an indispensable tool in these arear to work as:
• Presentation of the Museum spoil
• Book Search (with advanced software's search by subject, author, etc.)
• Interactive Experiences for museums and churches
• Photographic Kiosks for museums and churches
• Interactive Directory (map of the Museum or the Library)
• Historical Information Presentation (religion, historical evolution of the church)
• Ability to provide interactive games for school groups (children) that visit the museums, where they can learn about the exhibits in a fun way.
•Print informations that visitors can take home